Require a passive fire protection system? JetBlack® is flexible and durable
For petrochemical and offshore industries in particular, effective fire protection is crucial. Fires within these industries can cause accidents with extremely serious consequences. In addition, fire protection requirements are becoming increasingly stringent and, therefore, companies have to devote much attention to finding a fire protection solution that meets their specific demands.
Most fire protection systems, however, are not flexible in their usage. As a result, they are regularly damaged and/or completely removed during maintenance work. But this does not have to be the case – there is a better solution. JetBlack® (brand name JetBlack® PFP 15-120) is a removable fire protection system, which is custom-made out of multi-layered material. In addition, this product can easily be removed. It is the ultimate solution if you want to protect manholes or emergency shutdown valves, for example, against fires.
The JetBlack® products have been tested by an Engineer Surveyor of Lloyd’s Register Energy on DNV GL's Spadeadam (UK) test site and have obtained a ISO 22 899 certificate, issued by Bureau Veritas.
“We have tested one of our JetBlack® installations under extreme conditions and it remained intact for 120 minutes, withstanding jet fire temperatures of up to 1268 °C. This allows for a 2-hour evacuation and emergency shutdown period”, JetBlack® owner Paul Roodenburg explains. “We also have products available that have been tested to offer protection for 30, 60 and 90 minutes, which means we can meet many requirements.”
In addition to the fact that JetBlack® is made of high-quality material, the product also boasts several other advantages:
- JetBlack® is custom-made, which means JetBlack® can ensure operational use of a variety of applications: drums, (emergency shutdown) valves, cable trays, appendages, pipes or actuators, tanks, etc. We can provide a solution for every fire protection issue.
- JetBlack® can easily be removed thanks to the strap or Velcro fastenings included in the design – a task that will take a maximum of 10 minutes to complete. This allows you to quickly proceed with your maintenance work on the object in question.
- Because it is removable, JetBlack® is durable and can be used multiple times, which means it saves costs.
- Installing JetBlack® on site is easy and takes no more than a day.
The step-by-step JetBlack® process
If you purchase a JetBlack® product from us, this is how we will proceed:
- Measurements are taken on site. Alternatively, drawings or photographs are used.
- Based on this information an offer is made.
- After approval, we usually provide for a 6-8 week production time. A shorter period of time is negotiable.
- Our employees manufacture the product in our workshop, which means it is ready to use when it is installed on site.
- A field staff member will then effectively install your JetBlack® product on site.
- If you wish, we can offer you an inspection programme after installation. We strongly recommended considering this option. If your employees purchase a JetBlack® product, they may not be able to refit it correctly when needed. As a result, our products no longer comply with safety requirements. We are very happy to visit your site once a year to inspect our fire protection system and repair it when needed.
Is JetBlack® the solution for you?
Would you like to know if JetBlack® products provide the solution for you? We are happy to advise you. It goes without saying this advice is without any obligation. Please call or email us, or use the contact form on the website to ask your question.
- 24 October 2019 - Tank emergency shutdown valves are protected against jet fires for at least 90 minutes